This section is devoted to repair of the engine 1AZ-FE installed in a motor compartment.
The engine 1AZ-FE of 2,0 l was installed on the RAV4 cars since 2001. This engine represents a new design, with aluminum the block of cylinders and the oil pallet. In a head of the block of cylinders about 2 camshafts (DOHC) with four valves are installed on the cylinder. The drive of camshafts is carried out by a chain from a bent shaft.
Before work on the engine clear a motor compartment and the engine the degreasing means. It considerably will facilitate performance of any works.
For improvement of access to the engine it is desirable to remove a cowl. Capes protect wings to prevent damage of a paint and varnish covering.
On the engine installed in the car it is possible to adjust, remove, check, replace and to establish the following details, knots and units:
– inlet and final collectors;
– laying of inlet and final collectors;
– oil pallet;
– laying of the oil pallet;
– sealing rings of a bent shaft;
– head of the block of cylinders;
– laying of a head of the block of cylinders;
– oil pump;
– poliklinovy belts of the drive of hinged units;
– chain of the drive of the gas-distributing mechanism;
– support of the power unit;
– drive flywheel/plate.