Gasoline extremely fire - is also explosive therefore it is necessary to show care during the work with any knots of fuel system.
Works need to be carried out in well aired room, it is better with open windows and doors for draft creation.
It is impossible to use naked flame, electric welding and the tool during the work with which sparks can be formed. Check that in close proximity to a workplace there was a charged fire extinguisher.
For protection of eyes against hit of fuel in them use points. At hit of fuel on skin wash out this place a large amount of water.
During the work with a power supply system observe purity as the dirt which got to canals of system can block them that will break normal operation of the engine.
Depending on year of production and a complete set of the car in a motor compartment electric wires, pipelines and hoses can settle down differently. Therefore before a detachment of electric sockets and a rassoyedineniye of pipelines or hoses it is recommended to mark them an adhesive tape.
The engine is removed together with the transmission down.
You make removal in the following order:
– lift the car on the elevator;
– take off pressure in fuel system;
– switch off ignition and disconnect a wire of "weight" from the rechargeable battery;
– remove a cowl. Remove the casing of the air-ventilation chamber located in the windshield basis;
– capes protect wings to prevent damage of a paint and varnish covering;
– remove the case of the air filter;
– disconnect a cable of an accelerator and take aside together with an arm;
– remove the rechargeable battery. On cars since 2001 remove a support of the rechargeable battery;
– on cars till 2001 remove a canister with absorbent carbon;
– turn out nuts of fastening of forward wheels and power shafts to naves;
– merge engine oil and cooling liquid;
– on cars since 2001 remove a broad tank;
– take off belts of the drive of hinged units;
– mark and disconnect from the engine vacuum hoses and hoses of the cooling system, electric sockets, wires of connection with "weight" and fuel tubes;
– release clips and disconnect plaits of wires from the engine. Also disconnect wires from the block of control of the power transmission (PCM) in interior of the car and extend wires from interior of the car in a motor compartment;
– remove the generator and a starter;
– remove the pump of the amplifier of steering;
– remove the radiator fan, a casing of the fan and a radiator. It is not obligatory to remove the radiator fan, a casing of the fan and a radiator. However it will exclude a possibility of their damage at removal of the engine. If the radiator remains installed in the car, disconnect from it tubes of the oil heater of the automatic transmission;
– on models with air conditioning system turn out bolts of fastening of the compressor of the conditioner. Move the conditioner compressor together with the wires and tubes attached to it aside and fix by a soft wire it on a body;
Do not open a contour of cooling of air conditioning system.
– separate a reception exhaust pipe from a final collector;
– disconnect drafts of control of the transmission. Also disconnect all electric sockets from the transmission;
– remove forward power shafts. On all-wheel drive cars remove the driveshaft;
– on cars since 2001 disconnect drafts from the stabilizer of cross stability;
– turn out 2 bolts fixing steering transfer to a forward cross beam and bolts hinges to the lower cross levers;
– hook on a chain of the lifting device for the engine and pull it so that the weight of the engine and transmission was perceived by the lifting device;
– check that nothing, except support, connects the engine and the transmission to the car;
– turn out the central bolt of fastening of the left support to the transmission;
Fig. 3.98. Arrangement of bolts of fastening of forward and cross beams
– turn out bolts
and remove forward and cross beams;
– slowly lower the engine with the transmission. Disconnect a chain of the lifting mechanism from the engine;
– turn out bolts and separate the transmission from the engine;
– Turn out bolts, remove a flywheel / plate of the drive and fix the engine at the stand.
You make installation in the following order:
– check a condition of support of the power unit and if necessary replace them;
– on cars with the mechanical transmission check a condition of coupling. Apply a thin film of high-temperature lubricant on vents of a main shaft of the transmission;
– move the transmission to the engine so that the main shaft of the transmission entered vents of the conducted clutch plate. For combination of shliyets of an entrance shaft of the transmission with vents of the conducted clutch plate, perhaps, it is necessary to turn a bent shaft of the engine slightly. At installation of the transmission the main shaft should not hang on a clutch plate;
– having moved the transmission forward, install a coupling case on the directing plugs of the block of cylinders;
– fix by bolts the transmission on the engine;
– install the engine with the transmission under a motor compartment of the car;
– hook on a chain of the lifting device for the engine and lift the engine with the transmission;
– establish and fix by bolts forward and cross beams.
You carry out further installation of the engine to the sequences, the return to removal, taking into account the following.
Fill in engine oil and cooling liquid.
Check level and if necessary add oil in the amplifier of steering and the transmission.
Launch the engine and check lack of leak of liquid.