Replacement of sensors of a detonation needs to be made on the cold engine.
The engine can be damaged as a result of the detonation arising at combustion of fuel mix. The high extents of compression improving fuel profitability of the engine and change of quality of the used fuel increase tendency of the engine to a detonation, i.e. explosive combustion of fuel mix in engine cylinders. The sensor of a detonation reacts to high-frequency fluctuations of the block of cylinders and transforms them to electric signals which size increases at increase in a detonation. On the basis of these signals the control unit of the engine displaces the ignition moment towards delay, during a certain number of steps then gradually returns in initial situation. The sensor of a detonation is located on the back party of the block of cylinders, directly under a block head.
You make replacement of sensors of a detonation as follows:
– switch off ignition and disconnect a wire of "weight" from the rechargeable battery;
– merge cooling liquid from the cooling system;
– on models till 2001 and on all-wheel drive models remove an inlet collector;
– on front-wheel models till 2001 lift a forward part of the car and fix on support;
Fig. 7.19. The detonation sensor on models till 2001: 1 – electric socket; 2 – detonation sensor
Fig. 7.20. The detonation sensor on models since 2001: 1 – electric socket; 2 – detonation sensor
– disconnect the electric socket, turn out and remove the sensor of a detonation
(fig. 7.19, 7.20)
At installation of the sensor of a detonation apply a sealant layer on its carving.
Screw the sensor and tighten its moment 44 N • m.
The carving of the new sensor is already covered with sealant.
You make further installation in the sequence, the return to removal. After installation of the sensor fill in cooling liquid in the cooling system.