Violations in operation of the transmission can be caused by the following reasons:
– low-quality adjustment of the engine;
– low-quality adjustment of the transmission;
– malfunctions in hydraulic system of the transmission;
– malfunctions in mechanical system of the transmission;
– malfunctions in the computer or its electric chain.
First of all check the level and a condition of oil in the transmission and adjustment of drafts, and on models till 2001 — adjustment of draft of management of a butterfly valve.
Make a short trip for warming up of the transmission.
Check the level of transmission liquid in the transmission.
If the level of liquid is lower than demanded, add liquid in the transmission and check lack of external leak of liquid.
If the level of liquid is much higher than demanded, merge excess liquid and check whether there is at it a cooling liquid. Presence at transmission liquid of cooling liquid demonstrates that there was a destruction of internal walls of a radiator which divide the transmission and cooling liquids.
If transmission liquid is made foam, then merge it and fill in fresh liquid.
Check the frequency of rotation of the engine idling. If the engine works unstably, before performance of further checks adjust the engine.
Check freedom of movement of a cable of an accelerator, if necessary adjust.
Check operation of the mechanism of the choice of transfers.
Make sure that there are no leaks in installation sites of laying and sealing rings in the transmission.
The smell of burned oil is a pollution sign its small particles as a result of wear of frictional overlays of elements of management of the automatic transmission. It has to guard you as, perhaps, capital repairs of the transmission will be required.
If oil level in the automatic transmission is lower normal, then air will begin to come to the oil pump that will lead to formation of oil foam. It in turn will cause decrease in working pressure in a control system, slipping of frictional elements of management of the transmission and a delay of gear shifting.
If the level of oil is more normal, then as a result of rotation of gear wheels of planetary mechanisms plentiful foaming will also begin that will lead to the same consequences, as well as in case of the low level of oil.
Formation of mix of air with oil finally will cause an overheat and oxidation of oil that will have an adverse effect on operation of valves and frictional elements of management. Besides, foaming will become the reason of the increased emission of oil through сапун that can be mistakenly accepted for leak of oil from system.
Diagnostics of leak of transmission liquid
It is easy to define the place of leak of transmission liquid visually. Repair usually consists in replacement of laying, sealing rings and cuffs.
If it is difficult to find the place of leak, perform the following operations:
– identify liquid. At first be convinced that there is a leak of transmission liquid, but not engine oil or cooling liquid. Transmission liquid has dark red color;
– make a short trip, then stop the car over a big leaf of a cardboard. In a few minutes determine the place of leak by the drops which fell to a cardboard;
– perform inspection of the place of alleged leak, paying special attention to laying. For simplification of search in hard-to-reach spots use a mirror;
– if leak is not found, clear the alleged place solvent and dry up it;
– make a trip before warming up of the transmission on various modes with gear shifting, then determine by repeated survey the place of leak of liquid.
After definition of the place of leak define and remove its cause. If laying replacement, but a privalochny surface on which laying is established is made, it is deformed or has teases, then only replacement of laying will not yield positive result. It is necessary to level or smooth out a privalochny surface previously.